Hot Dogs, Coleslaw, and Potatoe Salad: YUMMY!

I was craving hot dogs last night. So, I indulged.  I put mine on the George Forman, but you can cook it the way your heart desires.

Ok, my "homemade" potatoe salad. I got this recipe from my "How to Cook Evertything" Cookbook. I don't even remember who gave me this book. But THANKS to whoever it was. ;)
1 1/2 lbs. waxy potatoes, such as red new potatoes ( I used yukon gold)
1/4 C. Dijon Mustard (used spicy brown)
1/4 C. Grainy Mustard (used yellow)
1/2 C. Olive Oil (used grapeseed oil)
1 Tbs. Vinegar (used apple cider vinegar)
3 Tbs. choppe fresh basil leaves (used about 1 Tbs. of dried Basil)
Salt and pepper to taste

Makes 4 Servings
1. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil; salt it. Peel the potatoes if you like (or wash or scrub them well), then cut them into bite-sized pieces; cook them in the water until tender but still firm and not at all mushy. 15 mins. or so. Drain.
2. Mix together the mustards, oil, vinegar, and basil, and toss with the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature. (This can be refrigerated for up to a day; bring back to room temperature before serving.)

Notes: I did not mix in the whole thing. It was a little too mustardy as it was.  So maybe start out with a 1/4 of it then taste. You can save the rest of the mixture for the next time you want to make Potatoe Salad. Also, I like my potatoe salad cold. So that's how I served it.

Enjoy!!!

Ok, I eyed everything for this so I will do my best at giving you an accurate measurement of each ingredient.

1/2 head cabbage
1 carrot
1/2 C. Mayo
1 Tbs. Vinegar
2 Tbs. Sugar
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Serves roughly 4 people (depending on how much you like slaw)
Dice Cabbage.  Use a potatoe peeler and peel carrot all the way to nothing. Dice carrot peelings.  Add to cabbage.  Add mayo, vinegar, and sugar.. Mix. Salt and Pepper to taste.  You need to eye the Sugar and Mayo.  Depending on how dry or wet you like your slaw will depend on how much mayo you put in and depending on how sweet you like it will depend on the amount of sugar.

Notes: Try the slaw on your hot dog or hamburger, it's SOOOO good!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment