Jumbalaya experiment


Thanks Heather for posting your Jambalaya recipe and giving me the inspiration to throw this together. I used the ingredients I had on hand to make this.

Ingredients:
*1 package Kielbasa sausage
*1/2 onion- diced
*2 garlic cloves- peeled and chopped
*2 very ripe large tomatoes- diced
*1 can tomato soup
*1- 6.4 oz box of Rice-A-Roni chicken and mushroom rice
*1/2 C. Brown Rice
*Creole seasoning to taste
*Hot sauce to taste

**Combine both types of rice into a rice cooker or in a pot. You want to double the amount of water that there is rice. Get that cooking while you throw the other things together.
**Spray pan with cooking spray. Brown Sausage, onions, and garlic until golden brown and  onions are tender. Add diced tomatoes and can of tomato soup. Add Creole seasoning to taste. I recommend about 1-2 TBS. depending on how spicy you like it. Cover and cook on medium for 5 minutes or so. Take off cover and cook to evaporate some of the excess water.

***Now, you have a few choices at this point. You can combine the rice with the mixture, or you can serve them separately. For my bowl I added a packet of Taco Bell's Fire sauce to it because I like kick. I highly recommend this if you like your food a little spicy. Add more Creole to taste.

Enjoy!!!! Let me know how it turns out!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment