Couponing: Getting Started

I have had several people ask me how I coupon. Let me first say that I am not an expert. I have only been doing this for four months and am still learning myself.

Today I am just going to get you started.  It is very time consuming so how much you put into it is how much you will get out of it.

The first thing you should do is buy yourself an inexpensive coupon organizer from the dollar tree or something. I have a three ring binder, but you mustn't start off with that at first if you don't have a whole lot of time to put into it. If you do have time then stay tuned I will be updating my blog as often as possible to give more pointers.

I buy 4 newspapers a week. I recommend you start off with 1 or 2. If you follow my advice, I promise you will get your money back plus some. I will start giving you more pointers Monday after this Sunday's newspaper comes out. 

Pointers:

*Dollar Tree sells Sunday newspapers for $1.00. Make sure you check to make sure the coupons are there before you buy it. People like to steal them out.

*I learned this the hard way. Cut out ALL the coupons, not just the one's you think you will use. (For example, if you don't have a dog you don't need dog coupons, unless you want to give them away or something). I still cut out the diaper coupons and give them away.

*Organize your coupons as soon as possible. It's crazy shopping and trying to look for your coupons and not being able find the one you're looking for.

*Everybody is different. If you want to buy a 1 inch 3 ring binder now and baseball card protectors you can. I will tell you how to do this Monday.

*WEBSITES TO GO TO!!!
     *Hip2save.com
     *Coupons.com
     *Redplum.com
     *Smartsource.com

* I print off A LOT of coupons. If you buy the cheap printer paper and only use black ink, it's not that expensive to print off coupons. 

Please let me know if this is of any help to you.. I don't want to keep updating this blog and nobody is reading it. I could be doing couponing stuff!!! :) Have fun!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Sarah B. said...

I've been wanting to get into couponing, so this was really helpful Dawny. Keep it up =)

Post a Comment