Apple Fritters
(Judy Norman's recipe)



Ingredients:
1 egg
1 C. milk
4 TBS. Margarine, melted (I used butter)
Juice of 1 orange (I used 1 C. of OJ)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
3 C. flour
1/2 C. sugar

Beat eggs. combine with milk and margarine (butter). Add orange juice, apples, and vanilla. Mix flour, salt, and sugar together. Stir eggs, milk, and butter into flour mixture until blended. Preheat oil to 350 degrees. (I did the "cold water" test. Sprinkle a couple drops of cold water into the oil, when it pops it's ready)  Drop dough by teaspoons into hot oil.  Fry until golden brown. turning so they brown evenly. Cool. Roll in powdered sugar (or sprinkle with powedered sugar, less messy) 

FRY REAL GOOD! SOME OF MINE WERE UNDERCOOKED. If I had to guess I would say 5 mins or so for each batch. But you will have to test your first batch to know how long.  It's a shame, isn't it? Having to taste them? :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Two Sides of the Rainbow said...

Hey, Sister! You've been awarded the Liebster Blog Award! You've probably never heard of it so check it out on my blog. You're the greatest cook I know so you deserve it. Love your blog. Keep it up!

Post a Comment